Wear your bargello like a total babe with this killer bag! Featuring antique bronze metal hardware and a detachable leather crossbody strap, this beauty can be carried as a clutch or worn across the body or on the shoulder.
Skill level: Intermediate
Finished size: 9" wide x 4.5" tall x 1.75" deep with detachable 50" crossbody strap
Materials included with kit:
- 16 skeins DMC Tapestry Wool [11 skeins in the Sage colorway*] - wool not included with custom kit option.
- 10-count plastic canvas pre-cut to project size
- Size 18 tapestry needle
- Leather crossbody purse strap
- Metal turn-lock and D-rings
- Easy-to-follow instructions and how to bargello guide
- Packaged in our reusable HELLO BARGELLO zipper project bag!
*Please note, the standard version of this kit uses a total of 8 colors of Tapestry Wool, for a total of 16 skeins of wool included with the kit. The Sage colorway uses only 5 colors of wool, and requires a total of 11 skeins of wool. The price difference between these two colorways reflects the amount of wool included with each kit. (Both bags are the same finished size.)
TO CHOOSE YOUR OWN COLORS
Want to to select your own custom colors for this kit? Awesome! Here's how it works:
- Add this kit to your cart, selecting the "choose your own colors" option above.
- Head on over to the Tapestry Wool section of our online shop and browse for the colors that suit your fancy! Simply select the colors you want and add them to your cart.
- For this kit, you will need 2 skeins each of 8 different colors, for a total of 16 skeins. (To make the 5-color version, you need 2 skeins of 4 colors plus 3 skeins of the color you will use for seaming/finishing.)
- Double check your cart to be sure you've added the "choose your own colors" kit and a total of 16 skeins of tapestry wool, then complete checkout. We'll build your custom kit and ship it right out to you! Yay!
- A note about pricing: the "Choose Your Own Colors" option is priced lower because there is no wool included. When you add your selected wool to your cart, the cost of that wool will be added to your total. The total cost will be comparable to the price of the regular kits, with a slight additional charge to reflect the additional logistics of assembling custom kits.
- Share your project photos on Instagram and tag us @hellobargello because we CANNOT WAIT to see your original creation!
ERRATA / UPDATES
This pattern has been updated with a revised chart to accommodate our new type of twist clasp. Older versions of this kit/pattern used a clasp that looked identical but had prongs that were oriented differently. The current clasp features prongs that require VERTICAL holes cut in the canvas for installation. Please check your chart/plastic canvas against your clasp to be sure you are working with the correct/matching versions of chart and clasp. Any questions, just drop us a line at email@example.com and we'll help get you sorted out!