Where'd you get that amazing tote?! Stitch a bargello bag that's destined to become an epic heirloom with the Hello Bargello Dreamweaver Hexagon Tote. We are just obsessed with this gorgeous design which has been many years in the making. The details are stunning, from the boxed corners to the wooden handles - she's so worth the hours you'll spend stitching her, and she's sure to become a favorite bag for years.
Available in two dreamy color options, this tote is worked on plastic canvas and features sturdy wooden handles and a magnetic snap closure. The pattern includes instructions to add an optional fabric lining, or you can leave the bag unlined. This in-depth project will provide hours of relaxing craft therapy and a lifetime of "where did you get that amazing bag?!" compliments!
It's a perfect small-tote size for a weekend day out and about, or to use as a project bag for your fiber craft WIPs. And who wouldn't love to receive the Dreamweaver Tote as a gift?!
Skill level: Intermediate
Finished size: 12" x 13" (30.5cm x 33cm)
Materials included with kit:
- 32 skeins DMC Tapestry Wool (not included with custom kit option)
- Wooden handles
- Magnetic snap
- Plastic canvas
- Size 18 tapestry needle
- Premium printed pattern booklet including charts, thorough instructions with step-by-step photos, and optional sewing instructions for the lining
- Packaged in our size large reusable HELLO BARGELLO zipper project bag
Optional if you wish to add a lining (not included): 1/2 yard fabric + matching sewing thread (see Lining Notes below for more info)
This pattern includes instructions to add an optional fabric lining which requires basic sewing (machine sewing or hand sewing). You can also leave the bag unlined. Lining materials are not included with the kit; if you wish to add the lining, we recommend the following products for an exact color match to the bag:
- 1/2 yard Robert Kaufman Kona Quilt Cotton in color Burgundy (available online here)
- Gutermann Sew-All Thread in color 445 Magenta (available online here)
- 1/2 yard Robert Kaufman Kona Quilt Cotton in color Navy (available online here)
Gutermann Sew-All Thread in color 639 Dark Teal (available online here)
TO CHOOSE YOUR OWN COLORS
Want to to select your own custom colors for this kit? Awesome! Here's how it works:
- Add this kit to your cart, selecting the "Custom Color Kit (No Wool Included)" option above.
- Head on over to the Tapestry Wool section of our online shop and browse for the colors that suit your fancy! Simply select the colors you want and add them to your cart.
- For this kit, you will need a total of 32 skeins in the following quantities:
- Color A (main outline color + flaps and all finishing): 8 skeins
- Colors B - E (inner colors of each hexagon): 4 skeins each
- Color F (lightest color of each hexagon): 3 skeins
- Color G (curved section at the base of each hexagon): 3 skeins
- Color H (dot near the base of each hexagon): 2 skeins
- This will be a total of 32 skeins.
- Double check your cart to be sure you've added the "choose your own colors" kit and a total of 32 skeins of tapestry wool, then complete checkout. We'll build your custom kit and ship it right out to you! Yay!
- Share your project photos on Instagram and tag us @hellobargello because we CANNOT WAIT to see your original creation!