Stitch some dreamy bargello art for your walls! This abstract landscape is stitched in a circular shape that draws you in and transports you far away. Displayed in your choice of frame type or a simple embroidery hoop, it looks amazing as part of a boho gallery wall or alongside your favorite plants.
This kit now features a new technique that makes the abstract design much easier to stitch! Using a special embroidery transfer pen (included with the kit), you'll trace the motif onto your canvas, then stitch within the lines like a paint-by-number! It's seriously fun and relaxing to make.
This kit includes materials to stitch an 8" round bargello motif on needlepoint canvas using our tracing method to transfer the pattern to the canvas. Showcase your finished piece in a variety of frame types; frame options shown in our photos are NOT included in the kit; please scroll down for links to purchase the display ideas shown here.
Scroll down for a video demonstrating how to frame this piece!
Skill level: Intermediate
Finished size: Round bargello motif measures 8.25" diameter
Materials included with kit:
- 11 skeins DMC Tapestry Wool
12-count Needlepoint Canvas, pre-cut to 12" square
- Water soluble embroidery transfer pen - additional pens available here
- Size 18 tapestry needle
- Large format pattern booklet including chart
- Tracing template
- Easy-to-follow instructions
- Packaged in our reusable Hello Bargello zipper bag
Note: Double kit includes raw materials to make two finished pieces (one in each colorway) + one pattern booklet, one pen, and one project bag.
Display Options / Not Included:
In the photos shown here, we displayed the finished bargello piece in the following frames/accessories (these are NOT included in the kit; links are provided here so you can choose to purchase any of these frames to display your finished piece):
- The embroidery hoop version uses a standard 8" wooden embroidery hoop.
- The wooden frame shown in our main photos is this one by Etsy seller Stitch Life Studio. These frames are specially made for displaying embroidery pieces in hoops; please click through to the Etsy listing for more details. We used the walnut finish frame in the 8" hoop size for our sample. (Note, the same frame can be oriented as a square or diamond.)
Square 12" wooden frame with dark walnut finish from West Elm; combine this frame with a mat custom-cut at your local framing shop (mat size should be 12" square with a 8" circle opening).
- This larger 18" frame from Pottery Barn comes complete with a pre-cut 8" circle mat, the perfect size to fit this piece! [this option not shown in our photos; link provided as additional inspiration]
TO CHOOSE YOUR OWN COLORS
Want to to select your own custom colors for this kit? Awesome! Here's how it works:
- Add this kit to your cart, selecting the "choose your own colors" option above.
- Head on over to the Tapestry Wool section of our online shop and browse for the colors that suit your fancy! Simply select the colors you want and add them to your cart.
- For this kit, you will need 1 skein each of 11 different colors.
- Double check your cart to be sure you've added the "choose your own colors" kit and a total of 11 skeins of tapestry wool, then complete checkout. We'll build your custom kit and ship it right out to you! Yay!
- Share your project photos on Instagram and tag us @hellobargello because we CANNOT WAIT to see your original creation!
VIDEO: How To Frame Taken By The Wind by Hello Bargello